The Flipgrid camera is the heart of Flipgrid. Our camera empowers learners to creatively share their voices, ideas, and more using a variety of features.
1. Record/Pause button
Press the icon to start recording, or to pause and catch your breath!
2. Options drawer
- Upload clip: Add a video clip from your device to your Flipgrid recording.
- Mic only: Turn off the camera to record just from your microphone.
- Mirror video: Flip the camera - this is helpful for showing books and text that appear backwards.
- Mute: Turn off the microphone to record just from your camera.
- Record screen: Share your screen (available on Edge and Chrome) - present your Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, a news article, and more!
- Device Settings: You can select the camera and microphone input for recording your video, as well as view the volume detected by your selected microphone.
3. Effects drawer
- Filters: Apply a fun filter to the camera. Filters include rainbow, pixel, black and white, and more filter to express a mood.
- Text: Add text to your recording with various fonts to express yourself.
- Pen: Choose the color, size of the pen, and ink over the recording.
- Board: Apply a whiteboard, chalkboard, graph paper, and more to showcase your ideas. Split the screen to show the camera while you ink on the board!
- Stickers: Add one or multiple emojis to the recording. Browse the library or search for a specific emoji.
- Gif: Add a funny gif to express how you are feeling. Search for stickers or GIFs.
- Photo: Add a custom image from your device to the camera.
- Frames: Apply a frame around the camera. Frames allow you to become a newscaster to a fish underwater!
Resize emojis, text, ink, and images by focusing on effect and then use on-screen controls, mouse or touch to adjust.
Reduce the time and energy it takes to be video-ready. Group leads and members can record whenever and wherever without needing to find a perfect environment by using Flipgrid's web backdrops. With backdrops, you have more control over what you would like to share, and you can focus the viewer's attention on what you're saying and doing, not what is happening behind you! Read more about adding backdrops.
5. View Topic
Participants can click on the Topic to view its details in the camera. This is helpful for referring to what the Topic discussion includes.
6. Sticky Note
Participants can type notes to view when recording. These notes are not included in the submitted video. Educators also have the option to turn this setting off in the Topic settings.
Flipgrid wants to empower all creators to build even more engaging videos by expanding audio-related creativity - all from within the camera! Add instrumental music tracks directly from within the Flipgrid app to make your video more expressive, engaging and fun! For our camera-shy users, we hope we can make you feel more comfortable sharing your voice with the availability of light backdrop music. Read more about adding music.