The Flipgrid camera is the heart of Flipgrid. Our camera empowers learners to creatively share their voices, ideas and more using a variety of features.
1. Record/Pause button
Press this to start recording, or to pause and catch your breath!
2. Options drawer
- Upload clip: Add a video clip from your device to your Flipgrid recording.
- Mic only: Turn off the camera to record just from your microphone.
- Mirror video: Flip the camera - this is helpful for showing books and text that appear backwards.
- Mute: Turn off the microphone to record just from your camera.
- Record screen: Share your screen (available on Edge and Chrome) - present your Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, a news article, and more!
3. Effects drawer
- Filters: Apply a fun filter to the camera. Filters include rainbow, pixel, black and white, and more filter to express a mood.
- Text: Add text to your recording with various fonts to express yourself.
- Ink: Choose the color, size of the pen, and ink over the recording.
- Board: Apply a whiteboard, chalkboard, graph paper, and more to showcase your ideas. Split the screen to show the camera while you ink on the board!
- Stickers: Add one or multiple emojis to the recording. Browse the library or search for a specific emoji.
- Photo: Add a custom image from your device to the camera.
- Frames: Apply a frame around the camera. Frames allow you to become a newscaster to a fish underwater!
Resize emojis, text, ink, and images by focusing on effect and then use on-screen controls, mouse or touch to adjust.
4. View Topic
Participants can click on the Topic to view its details in the camera. This is helpful for referring to what the Topic discussion includes.
5. Sticky Note
Participants can type notes to view when recording. These notes are not included in the submitted video. Educators also have the option to turn this setting off in the Topic settings.