Welcome to Flipgrid! To ignite your learners' discussions, you will need to set up your Educator account, create a classroom (we call them Groups!), and share your first Topic.
Topics are discussion prompts that you create and your students respond to that prompt with a short video.
Step 1: Sign up for a free educator account
Go to https://admin.flipgrid.com and sign up with Google or Microsoft account.
Use your school-provided email to sign up and provide some information about yourself and your school. Your birthday is not stored and only used to verify your age. Educators must be 18 or older to sign up for an educator account.
Step 2: Create a Group
Groups are a shared space for your learners to join the Discussion. To set up your Group:
- Name your Group (Classroom 5A or Mrs. Smith's Science Room)
- Set your Permissions, or how learners will join your Group (Student Emails, Usernames, or Google Classroom for students, Public for adult learning communities)
- Optional: Create an easy to remember Join Code (classroom5A, mrssmithscience)
Step 3: Share your Group
Now that your Group is created, invite your learners to join or test it out yourself!
Share the Join Code or link with your students, families or community. Educators can share the Group using the blue Share button to share the Join Code or Link to Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom, Remind, embed, QR code, or simply copying and pasting it to share with your learners in a different platform, such as email. If you created usernames for younger students make sure to share those too.
- Students receive the Join Code or link and must log in with their email or username.
- Adult educators and professionals in a Public Topic receive the join code or link and can view videos, but must log in with their email to record a video.
- Families who want to join a Topic can receive the Join Code and must log in with the guest password
Step 4: Record videos on the Topic or create a new Topic
Within your Group, we've automatically created your first Topic for you, called Hello, I am... for an easy way to invite your learners to introduce themselves to Flipgrid! To view the Topic in detail, select the Topic in the Topics table.
Feel free to test this Topic out by going to your Group or invite your students to Join.