Welcome to Flipgrid. As a member, you can create a video to submit to your lead in a few easy steps.
Step 1: Locate the join information from your lead
Your lead has given you one of these ways to join the right discussion:
- A Join Code or a QR code: For example, "FGrid3567" or "a591dc5d."
- A join link or a shareable link: For example, https://flipgrid.com/FGrid3567 or https://flipgrid.com/a591dc5d.
- A unique member username or guest password: This is provided by your lead in case you don’t have a school-provided email. If you're a student, we recommend you use a school email.
Important: Flipgrid works on most web browsers and mobile devices. We recommend Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome for the best web experience.
- For easy access to Flipgrid, download the Flipgrid extension.
- On mobile devices, download the free Flipgrid app for iOS and Android devices.
Step 2: Join the discussion
Go to your lead's discussion by using the link or code provided by your lead in Step 1.
- If you were given a join link: Click the link.
- If you were given a join code:
- Go to https://flipgrid.com or open the mobile app.
- To enter a code, at the top right, click Enter Join Code.
- Include the code, and click Let's go.
- If you were given a shareable link:
- Click the link to access immediately or request access, or
- Enter the code at the end of the link under the "Enter a join code" option.
- If you were given a QR code: Scan the QR code with your camera or on the Flipgrid mobile app.
Next, you'll have to log in and enter a member username and password.
- If your username or password are not working, double-check the case and space sensitivity.
- If you’re prompted to log in, choose Google if your school uses Google Classroom, Docs, and Drive. Choose Microsoft if your school uses Word, OneDrive, or Microsoft Teams.
Step 3: Record and Submit
Once you’ve joined, you’ll see your lead’s Topic, or discussion prompt. Follow the instructions and when you’re ready to record, click the blue Add Response button .
When you're in the Flipgrid camera, you can record a video in these 3 easy steps:
- Tap to record - Tap the record button on the bottom to start. Add fun stickers, filters, text, and more. Tap the arrow on the bottom right to advance.
- Review your video. - Trim, split, rearrange, or add more. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
- Submit your video - Edit your cover image, name, add a title, or attach a link. Then submit.
Step 4: Viewing your video
Here are ways to view your video:
- Your video should be available in your group if your lead has not turned on moderation.
- If your video is waiting for approval from your lead, you can visit https://my.flipgrid.com/ to view it. You can learn more about My Flipgrid Here.
The Flipgrid camera offers a lot of fun and creative ways for you to share your ideas and voice! Check out all the camera features here, learn how to import a custom video or how to include a screen recording.