Welcome to Flipgrid! As a member, you can create a video to submit to your lead in a few easy steps!
Step 1: Locate the join information from your lead
Your lead has given you one of these ways to join the right discussion:
- a Join Code (e.g. FGrid3567, a591dc5d) or a QR code
- a join link (e.g. https://flipgrid.com/FGrid3567 or https://flipgrid.com/a591dc5d )
- If you don’t have a school-provided email, then your lead should provide you a unique Member Username or Guest Password
Flipgrid works on most web browsers and mobile devices. We recommend Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome for the best web experience. For easy access to Flipgrid, download the Flipgrid extension. On mobile devices, download the free Flipgrid app for iOS and Android devices.
Step 2: Join the discussion
Get to your lead's discussion by using the link or code provided by your lead in 'step 1'.
- If you were given a join link, click on that link.
- If you were given a Join Code, go to your web browser and enter https://flipgrid.com. You’ll see an area to enter a Join Code. Type the Join Code and press enter on your keyboard. On a mobile app, enter the code.
- If you were given a QR code, scan the QR code with your device camera or Flipgrid mobile app.
You’ll see a prompt to log in, enter a member username, or a password. If your Member Username or password is not working, be sure to double-check the case and space sensitivity.
Step 3: Record and Submit
Once you’ve joined, you’ll see your lead’s Topic, or discussion prompt. Follow the instructions and when you’re ready to record, click the blue Add Response button .
When you're in the Flipgrid camera, you can record a video in these 3 easy steps:
- Tap to record - Tap the record button on the bottom to start. Add fun stickers, filters, text, and more. Tap the arrow on the bottom right to advance.
- Review your video. - Trim, split, rearrange, or add more. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
- Submit your video! - Edit your cover image, name, add a title, or attach a link. Then submit!
Step 4: Viewing your video
Here are ways to view your video:
- Your video should be available in your group if your lead has not turned on moderation.
- If your video is waiting for approval from your lead, you can visit https://my.flipgrid.com/ to view it. You can learn more about My Flipgrid Here.
The Flipgrid camera offers a lot of fun and creative ways for you to share your ideas and voice! Check out all the camera features here, learn how to import a custom video or how to include a screen recording.