Groups are a great way for educators to organize multiple Topics and share them with a group of learners. Once an educator has multiple Topics, they are able to add Topics to a Group and share the Topics with a Group Join Code or Link.
If you do not have any Groups created yet, create a Group before moving a Topic.
How to add a Topic to a Group
- Within Discussion, select the Topics tab
- Next to the Topic, select Add to Group or Actions and Move Topic
- Select the Group where you want to move the Topic
- Once a Topic is added to a Group, it cannot be removed from Groups to become an individual Topic. It can be moved or duplicated to other Groups though.
- Any Topic with custom permissions set that is moved or duplicated will inherit Group permissions.
- Standalone Topics added to a Group will inherit Group permissions.