Educators can turn on Group or Topic Followers to allow students to subscribe to email notifications on updates to the Discussion! By following a Group or Topic, students will get emails on when new Topics are created and video Responses are added. Educators also have their own notification settings. Learn more about how educators select their notification preferences for a Topic or Group.
Turn on Group or Topic Followers
- Access your educator account at www.admin.flipgrid.com
- Within Discussions, select the Group or Topic you'd like to enable notifications on
- Select the Actions button and Edit Group or Edit Topic
- Scroll to the Features section and turn on Group/Topic Followers
- Select the blue Update Group/Topic to apply the changes
How students follow a Topic or Group
- Enter the Join Code at www.flipgrid.com or on the free Flipgrid apps, scanning the QR code, or directly through the Join Link. Learn more about how to join the Discussion here.
- Follow the Group or Topic:
- Group: Select the Follow Group button on the Group cover image
- Topic: Select your name in the top right corner and Follow Topic