Educators can invite family members, peers, experts, or other communities to join the discussion easily with a Guest Password. A Guest Password is created and shared by the educator and can only be used for Topics. To join the Topic, participants simply open the Join Code or Link and then enter the Guest Password.
A Guest Password can be added to Student Email or Student Username Permission for a Topic.
Setting up Guest Password
- Log into your free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Select the Actions button to edit your Topic or create a new Topic
- Set the Guest Password
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and include at least 2 of the following: Uppercase, Lowercase, Number, or Symbol
- Update or create your Topic
- Groups that previously had Guest password enabled will still have the password set
- Custom Topic Permissions are unavailable within a Google Classroom Group
- Standalone Topics added to a Group will inherit Group Permissions
- Any Topic with custom permissions set that is moved or duplicated will inherit Group Permissions
What's the difference between Topic and Group Permissions?
Share with Learners
From there, learners will be required to enter a first and last name when submitting a video.
Do your students have a Microsoft or Google account? Learn more about Student Email permission.
No student emails? Learn more about Student Usernames permission.