Educators can invite family members, peers, experts, or other communities to join the discussion easily with a Guest Password. A Guest Password is created and shared by the educator. To join the Topic or Group, participants simply open the Join Code or Link and then enter the Guest Password.
A Guest Password can be added to Student Email or Student Username Permission for a Topic or Group.
Setting up Guest Password Permission
- Log into your free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Select the Actions button to edit your Topic or Group or create a new Topic or Group
- Scroll down to the Permissions section. Select the primary permission type for your students first - Student Email or Student Username
- Set the Guest Password
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and include at least 2 of the following: Uppercase, Lowercase, Number, or Symbol
- Update or create your Topic or Group
What's the difference between Topic and Group Permissions?
Share with Learners
From there, learners will be required to enter a first and last name when submitting a video.
Do your students have a Microsoft or Google account? Learn more about Student Email permission.
No student emails? Learn more about Student Usernames permission.