Educators can invite family members, peers, experts, or other communities to join the discussion easily with a Guest Password. A Guest Password is created and shared by the educator. Participants that join simply need to join the Topic or Group by accessing the Join Code or Link and enter the Guest Password.
A Guest Password can be added to Student Email or Student Username access for a Topic or Group.
Setting up Guest Password Access
- Log into your free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Select the Actions button to edit your Topic or Group or create a new Topic or Group
- Scroll down to the Access Control section. Select the primary access control for your students first - Student Email or Student Username
- Set the Guest Password
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and include at least 2 of the following: Uppercase, Lowercase, Number, or Symbol
- Update or create your Topic or Group
What's the difference between setting up Topic versus Group access?
Groups and Topics can have their own access controls. Students can join a discussion by accessing a Topic directly, or by accessing a Group and selecting from all the Topics within the Group.
When sharing access to the Topic directly, students must meet the access control defined for the Topic. Topic Join Codes and Links are usually a random mixture of letters and numbers. Example: https://flipgrid.com/a591dc5d
When sharing access to the Group, students must meet the access control defined for the Group. Students who join the Group can then access any of the Topics within the Group, regardless of the access controls specified on the Topic level. Group Join Codes and Links are commonly customized by the educator to make it easy for learners to join. Example: https://flipgrid.com/FGrid3567
Share with Learners
From there, learners will be required to enter a first and last name when submitting a video.
Do your students have a Microsoft or Google account? Learn more about Student Email access control.
No student emails? Learn more about Student Usernames access control.