Groups are a great way for educators to organize multiple Topics and share them with a group of learners. Once an educator has a Topic, they are able to add Topics to the Group and share all the Topics with a Group Join Code or Link.
Creating a Group
- Within Discussion, select the Groups tab
- Select the blue Create a Group button
- Name the Group (i.e.: Math or Classroom 5A)
- Customize your Group Join Code and Link
- Add Students to using Student Emails or Student Usernames or Google Classroom
- Student Emails: Students can join with a specified email domain (@example.com), or add specific email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Student Usernames: If students do not have emails, educators can create unique Student Usernames for students to join.
- Google Classroom: Students who are in the Google Class roster can join.
- Optional: Duplicate Topic(s) you've already created to the Group
- Share the Group Join Code or Link with your learners
- Educators can also share a QR Code to the Group, embed the Group, or share to Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom, or Remind
Note: Duplicating a Topic to the Group does not copy the video Responses or Comments. Learn how to add a Topic and it's Responses and Comments here.