Learners hitting the "Your email or email domain ________ is not allowed to join." are not able to join the discussion due to the Permissions setting for the Topic or Group.
Students and Learners
If you are receiving the error message "Your email or email domain ________ is not allowed to join." when attempting to join a Flipgrid discussion, send this article to the educator who has the ability to edit the settings for the Topic/Group or confirm which email address you should be using to open the discussion.
Educators: Fixing the domain access error
If your learners are receiving the error message "Your email or email domain ________ is not allowed to join." when attempting to join a Flipgrid discussion, you simply need to add that domain to the allowed email domains in your Topic (or Group) settings.
- Access your Educator Dashboard at http://admin.flipgrid.com
- Determine which Join Code is causing access issues for your students
- With Discussion, select the Topics or Groups tab
If the Join Code is a random string of characters (746ce49fs), it's most likely a Topic Permisisons setting
If the Join Code is a code that contains your last name or is custom code you created (fgrid3457), it's likely a Group Join Code
- Select the pencil icon to edit the Topic or Group
- Scroll to Permissions and add the emails listed in the error message
- Add the domain (everything after the @ sign) to allow any email from that domain to join
- Add individual email addresses, separating them by a comma (,) to add multiple at once
- Click Update on the bottom right to save your settings