Creating the Consumer Key and Shared Secret
Here is how you can obtain a Consumer Key and Shared Secret for your Canvas LTI integration!
(If you've previously created a Key and Secret for a Canvas account, and you're simply reinstalling the integration for that account, please reuse the existing Key and Secret.)
- Click on Profile from the bubble in the top-right corner of your Flipgrid lead dashboard
- Select the Integrations tab
- Click Add New Integration, select a name e.g. 'Canvas Account 1', and then click Create
- Keep this open while you proceed with the integration setup, and you can copy-paste the Key and Secret when needed
Can I reuse the Consumer Key and Shared Secret?
For each Canvas-Flipgrid account pair, the same Consumer Key and Shared Secret can be reused for all Courses within the Canvas account - including if you're reinstalling the integration. With different Canvas or Flipgrid accounts, however, you'll need to generate a new Key and Secret for each pair.
- For every course in the same Canvas account that's connected to the same Flipgrid account
- When connecting the same Canvas account to different Flipgrid accounts
- When connecting the same Flipgrid account to different Canvas accounts