The Microsoft Immersive Reader shows up across Flipgrid to help you read the content on the screen. It reads text aloud, translates text, and helps you focus on the text with various features you can turn on or off. You’re able to open the immersive reader tool whenever you find the Immersive reader icon .
To learn more about immersive reader, go to Microsoft's Immersive Reader help page.
How to find the immersive reader
You’re able to use the immersive reader on both Flipgrid on web and the Flipgrid app. You can find the immersive reader on the following Flipgrid content:
- Topic prompt page: After you open a topic, at the top right, select Immersive reader .
- Videos and Mixtapes with speech: Where you find the immersive reader in on an open video differs between Flipgrid on web and the Flipgrid app.
- Flipgrid on web: At the bottom right of the video, next to the Closed captions .
- The Flipgrid app: At the bottom right of the video, tap More > Immersive reader .
- Important: If the video has no audio or has no audible words, the immersive reader won’t show up.
- Text comments on videos: Next to the comment you want to read, select More > Immersive reader . Currently, the immersive reader isn’t available for video comments.
- Discovery Library: After you open a topic, you can find the immersive reader at the bottom left of the topic box.