Canvas is our first LTI integration, and we still have much to learn about the technology. To ensure we provide a reliable solution for our educator community, we've only enabled the features that we can guarantee when you install the integration.
If you're new to Flipgrid, please see our Getting Started guide first to see how it works!
What you CAN do with the integration:
- Create Canvas Assignments that come with Flipgrid Topics connected, so student responses there appear in SpeedGrader.
- Give students access to those Topics from their Canvas accounts, so they don't need to use a password or other login credentials.
On the other hand, we've heard your feedback and we're aware of the following limitations with the integration - we're actively considering them as we discuss how to improve the technology in future,
We have workarounds available for some use-cases in our Canvas LTI FAQs.
What you CANNOT do with the integration:
- Admin-level or system-wide setup (individual educators need to install the integration themselves)
- Install the integration with a non-Teacher role in Canvas, e.g. Course Designer or Administrator
- Integrate or connect previously-created Flipgrid content
- Split students into smaller groups within the Course
- Enable another educator to access Flipgrid from the same Canvas Course
- Copy feedback provided on Flipgrid to Canvas, or vice versa
- View video comments in SpeedGrader
- Leave text comments on Topic responses
Follow our setup guide to install the integration in less than five minutes!