Learning loves community, so let’s invite families into the classroom as we engage our learners and celebrate success!
Whether you are planning parent-teacher conferences or looking for ways to engage families throughout the school year, here are some dynamic ways educators are leveraging the power of Flipgrid to get everyone involved:
- QR Code Displays: Bring your student displays to life by adding Flipgrid QR codes. Each code links to a student sharing the magic behind their project. Families can scan, watch, and enjoy at any time! Explore more ideas on Twitter
- Engage Families with Guest Mode: Activate Guest Mode on any Topic to provide a super simple way for families to hop into the Grid and view/reply to their scholars!
- Parent-Teacher and Student-Led Conferences: Celebrate achievements, encourage growth, and support continued learning by sharing Flipgrid videos with families during conferences. Ask learners to use MyFlipgrid, choosing the videos that best represent their learning, and ask families to Reply and leave a special message for their child.
- Newsletter Groups: Keep families up-to-speed with important dates to remember, curriculum content, resources, and learning strategies via a Group titled “School Newsletter.” BONUS: Families who speak a different primary language can use Immersive Reader to translate content!
- Class MixTapes: Curate a view-only collection of Flipgrid videos to showcase the learning happening in your class. Families can Follow your MixTape to get notified when you add new videos!
We hope you have fun engaging your families and community in the learning process with Flipgrid!