Educators can post text comments publicly to share with the class or choose the option to post privately for more personal feedback to the learner. Learners can view private and public comments if they have either a username or email login.
How to Post Public or Private Text Comments
1. Go to the response video
2. Scroll to the comment section
3. Select either the Public or Private dropdown
4. Select the Blue Airplane icon to submit
5. Your comment will appear in the comment section
- Educators can create or delete private text or video comments
- Educators have the option to Hide or to Activate any text or video comments
CoPilots can leave private comments, and see private comments from other Co-pilots/group owners
- Educators with Canvas- connected groups won't be able to leave private comments
Leaving Private Comments for Guest Password Users
If you use guest passwords for your learners, you have the option to provide them private text comments but they will need a username to access these comments.
1. The guest password learner will have to inform you if they have posted a response and let you know their display name they posted with.
2. Go to the Topic's Group
3. Select the Students tab
4. Find the student's name and copy the Student ID. We auto generate student IDs for users who sign in with a guest password
5. Give the student their Student ID as their new login. They will now be able to view your private comment on their response!