As a lead, you can edit your group’s details at any time. From the web browser or mobile app, you can invite new members, update your group’s name and notification frequency, and change your group's theme image.
Note: If you’d like to add co-leads to your groups, visit our article Add co-leads to your groups.
To edit your group’s details:
- Go to admin.flipgrid.com.
- At the top right, select Groups .
- Hover over the group you want to edit and at the top right, click More .
- Click Edit group .
- At the top right, select either the "Details" tab or the "Settings" tab.
- Group name: Under “Name,” type a name that’s 45 characters or less.
- Theme image: Choose between different available themes or upload your own image.
- Link access and details: Under “Link,” you can copy the link to share, refresh your current link, change if anyone with the link or only people you approve can join.
- Email access: Enter specific emails or domains for members to join and use a template or CSV to import multiple domains at once.
- Google Classroom: Log in to your Google Classroom account and import your class roster. Learn more about how to add members from Google Classroom.
- Privacy: Choose to hide your topics from everyone, view your currently blocked members, and choose to either unblock members individually or all at once. Learn more about how to block and unblock members.
- Important: If your group is public, all users with your group’s link will be able to access your groups but not your topics.
- Notifications: Change the frequency of your notifications from daily to never and turn “Allow notifications for members” on or off.
- Open the Flipgrid app.
- Tap on the group you want to edit.
- On the top right, tap More .
- If you tap:
You can change your group’s theme image and select between different themes or upload your own image.
- To get a new link URL, under “Invite Link,” tap Refresh Link.
- To confirm, tap Refresh Link.
- Important: Once you confirm, your previous link will stop working and you’ll have to share the new link with anyone you want to invite to your group.
Select between “Anyone with the link can join” and “Only people you approve can join.”
Find blocked members and unblock
- Under “Privacy,” tap Blocked members.
- If your group has blocked members, you’ll find them here.
- To unblock a member, next to their name, tap Unblock.
- The member’s name will disappear from the list.
Turn on the status of your group to “Active” or turn it off to “Inactive.”
- At the bottom, tap Delete group.
- To confirm, tap Confirm delete.
- Important: When you delete a group, you will also delete all its contents including member videos and topics.