You can change your topic settings so that members are only able to add video or text comments, both, or none. This option is only available on web.
Important: When you create a topic, comment permissions are set to allow "Video and text comments." If you'd like to have specific comment permissions when you create a topic, you can save preferred topic settings.
How to set your comment permissions
You can change this when you first create a topic or after you've created one under "Edit a topic."
- Go to admin.flipgrid.com.
- Click Topics .
- Next to the topic, click Edit topic .
- In the top right of "Edit topic," click Settings .
- In the "Comments" drop down, select the comments you allow in a video:
- Video and text comments: This is the default setting. When you choose this, both video and text comments are turned on and are hidden before you activate them.
- Video comments only: Only video comments are allowed for responses and are hidden before you activate them.
- Text comments only: Only text comments are allowed for responses and are hidden before you activate them.
- None: A member is not allowed to leave any type of comment on a response.
- Click Save changes.